Oh no!!!!!!!! That is what I cried as I opened up the block to admire it after the last seam was sewn. This Civil War block is called Anxieties, and that is a great name for it! I had spent at least 3 hours on this block today(there are 67 pieces to this little 6" block!)only to see that I had made a bad mistake on it! The center square of the block was to be the floral fabric, not the red. As I was piecing I kept thinking it looked weird, but I would look at the book and decide that I was making it the correct way. Not! Live and learn I guess. I used the foundation paper piecing method which makes it much more difficult to take apart and resew. While I was making it I was also questioning my choice of fabrics. I still like the floral, but I think I would like a more solid looking red or maybe even blue that would show the pointed arrow looking patches a little better. If I liked the block even with it's color mess up I might just say "Oh I meant to do that!" and put it in the quilt anyway, but I don't. I won't be throwing this in the garbage, but it may get cut in half some day and used for another project.
I have two more Civil War blocks to show you though that turned out nice. The acid green and chrome yellow block is called Conscript Law and the red, white and blue one is called the Oath of Allegiance. I have a whopping four out of 121 block made so far. I hope I don't end up remaking more of these little beauties like I will with the Anxieties block!
Yankee Puzzle Plus! A Bonus Buddy Bonanza!
17 hours ago