May 7, 2009

Another Pair

I finished up another pair of socks tonight. Even though this isn't the season for wool socks I want to start another pair. I will admit these little striped beauties have been waiting for the final stitching up of the toes for at least a couple of months. This is about the third pair of socks that I have knitted, but I always have to watch a video on the Knitting at Knoon site in order to stitch up the toes. I can never remember how to do it. I was able to knit my first pair of socks this past Winter with the help of one of their patterns and the helpful videos.

I thought I would post a few more photos from the Antique Quilt Trunk Show that I talked about in an earlier post that was given at my guild by Caryl Scheutz. Such eye candy!

Here is a crazy quilt, and yes, that is me on the left hand side holding up the quilt. I couldn't resist studying it a little. Talk about beautiful!

This is a "T" quilt. The letter T is there in each block, four times to be exact. I seem to remember Caryl talking about how the ladies Temperance Movement made this type of quit. Remember, I was one of the gals behind the quilts and it was easy to get distracted from time to time!

This one is called the Princess Feather I beleive. If I am wrong please don't hesitate to correct me! Another beautiful applique quilt for sure!

7 comments:

Janet said...

The socks look so cosy. I've yet to attempt a pair.
Thank you for sharing the quilts, keep the photos coming, they are all so beautiful!

Unknown said...

I'm really impressed with those socks! I'd try knitting, but I'd probably poke my eye out with those needles!;D
Seriously, I don't have much patience with learning new things like that mostly because of my vision. My mother crochets and she can do it blindfolded. She can watch TV or talk on the phone and crochet at the same time and never miss a stitch. Not me.....

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the socks. If there were more hours in the day I'd love to knit some but I have to choose - quilting or knitting. Quilting won! blessings, marlene

Lea said...

How cute your socks are!:-)
also thank you for posting another beautiful eye candies!

Libby said...

Knitted socks - I hope to be able to achieve that feat one day *s*

Love the quilt show, thank you for sharing.

julieQ said...

I wish, wish, wish I could knit! I love those socks...drool...and the old quilts are so pretty.

Teresa said...

Great quilts, thank you for a sharing all the pictures.