August 5, 2009

What's Been Going On

Hello! I have been able to get in a lot of sewing/quilting time in lately, I have taken photos but I just haven't found the time to post about it. Yikes! Bad blogger Marilyn! But, first things first! Look what I received in the mail the other day!
I won a give a way from Paula, The Quilter. I love it, and boy am I a happy quilter! Thanks Paula, you made my day! I am looking forward to making this beauty.

As I said earlier I have been able to get a lot of sewing time in lately and best of all most of it has been spent in my Summer Palace. I got the "big guns' out the other day and did some machine quilting. All that is left on this wall hanging is the binding. I am going to make you wait to see it until after the binding is on. Shame on me! *G*

I went to Shipshewanna, IN with some of my quiting friends the other day. Did we ever have fun! I tried to be very very good and not buy as much as I have been know to when I visit the Shipshewanna area. This is what I bought:
I found some great buys and some fabrics that called my name. They just had to go home with me. Beautiful flowers were outside of all the shops. This was one of my favorite photos. Just lovely!

Tomorrow I am traveling down to spend a few days with my parents and to attend a Quilter's Retreat. I will tell you more about that in another. I will be taking four different classes. I am so looking forward to visiting with my family and of course the opportunity to meet other quilters and to learn more about the art of quilting! Now it is off to finish packing for my trip!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Great purchases...I can understand why you heard those fabrics calling your name. LOL!

Carin said...

Great haul! Love the fabrics. Can't wait to see the quilt.

Tanya said...

It looks like you're going to get an early start for Christmas! That is a wonderful looking pattern! Good for you!

Lisa said...

love your blog .. the background looks just like mine :O) i was just at shipshewana last month but my husband was with me so i only purchased 2 yards of fabric ... hope to go back with my mom this summer and do some serious damage!