July 14, 2011

Time For A Little Fun

I was able to spend some time in my "Summer Palace" the other day. I wanted to do some mindless sewing so I grabbed my scrap/string bin and decided to make some string blocks.
I like to use left over units such as hourglass or even trial blocks like the pineapple block as the base to work out from sometimes. I think it just adds a little fun touch to them. I was able to make 9 blocks that day! I have a feeling that these blocks will turn into a quilt for my guilds "Kids Quilts" program.  We give quilts to area children who are in need, ill etc. I am trying not to add too much pink or pastels into it as I would like to make a quilt for a boy this time around.
Yes, 9 blocks finished, but why can't I see a dent in the scrap bin????? lol

2 comments:

marilyn first lady said...

What a beautiful blog site.Amazing.U had share ur beautiful moment with us.Thanks a lot.
marilyn first lady

Rose Marie said...

What a great idea for using up orphan blocks!