September 9, 2011

A Secret Baby Quilt Revealed

I realized that I neglected to post about this quilt top.  I first talked about it here in this post.  It was a big secret then and I just couldn't show it for fear of ruining a surprise.  A friend of mine wanted to make a baby quilt for her first grandchild. I found the kit to make this quilt at my Guild's rummage sale and bought it for my friend.
While she loved the idea of making the quilt she was a little over whelmed by it so I offered to piece the top if she would quilt it.  She thought that was a wonderful idea!  The baby has been born now so I think it is ok to show the quilt. The center section is a panel and there are 4 borders plus a row of pieced blocks.
I don't think I have ever put so many borders on one quilt, but I love the way it turned out! I know you may be wondering what the name of the quilt is, the fabric line etc.  I am sorry to say that as of this minute I don't know those answers. :(  I gave the pattern and scraps to my friend when I gave her the top.  If I find any information about it at a later date I will add it to this post.  Promise!

2 comments:

julieQ said...

What a darling baby quilt!!

Karen said...

A sweet baby quilt. Good strong colors make it easier for baby to see. I have read that newborns really can't distinguish with pastel colors.