April 28, 2008

Trip to Paducah


I had a fantastic time at the AQS Quilt Show! My Mother and Aunt went with me so that added to the fun. To the left is a photo of one of the quilt vendors, Quilts Plus from Indianapolis, IN. I love what they have to offer - reproduction fabrics and quilts that have an antique look to them. There were so many quilts to look at and to dream of making someday. The actual quilt show was fantastic as usual. There are always quilts that stop me in my tracks and make me say, "Wow!". My favorite domestic machine quilter, Diane Gaudynski won top honors for her quilt. I had seen photos of the quilt before as it had also won an award at the Houston show, but to see it in person was so much fun. I will post some favorite quilt photos of the show soon.

I didn't buy as much this year as I did last year, but I only had one day this year to do it in. I bought just ONE YARD of fabric. When I told hubby the news that night he said, "Well you bought some patterns or something else didn't you?" Of course I did! I wanted to focus on new patterns, quilts on display in the booths and new products so I didn't spend a lot of time drooling over fabrics. As you can see I did find things to buy. One of them was a new thimble. I decided to try it out and liked it. It fits my finger a better then the one I have been using so maybe my quilting will improve and be faster. I did play with it tonight and I like it, so that makes me happy! The cute stitchery drawings for the days of the week with the sunbonnet girls called my name. I like to do some embroidery, but it isn't my most favorite thing to do. My Mother does wonderful embroidery and she volunteered to do it for me! Yippee!!! Sounded great to me! I bought the blue thread for it. Now to trace off the designs and pass it off to her to complete. Thanks Mom! A fun thing happened when I passed by the Supreme Slider booth. I told the gal demonstrating it (the gal who came up with the product I believe) that I recommend her product to my machine quilting students and they love it. She thanked me. When I asked about the Little Genie Magic Bobbin Washers she gave me a package to try as a thank you for recommending her product. How fun is that! They are supposed to eliminate the backlash in the bobbin when changing directions at high speed while doing free motion quilting or machine embroidery. I am looking forward to giving them a try. I will talk about the other items I bought as I try them out.

Well, I downloaded a photo that has now disappeared from my post. Wonder where it went? I couldn't have hit the delete key that many times! Dear Hubby is on the main computer where the photo is stored, so guess it will have to wait until another time. It is a photo of the tote bag that I made and the item that I couldn't post about in my last post. I guess it will have to wait a little while longer now! Sorry!

5 comments:

Paula said...

Would you call this post a tease??? LOL Glad you had a great time...especially spending it with people you love!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt pictured from the show. Just my style! So glad you had fun.. and what self-control! But having gone to Chicago too.... man... I wouldn't have room left on my plastic. :o)

Libby said...

I love those Days of the Week embroideries . . . remind me of Grandma *s*

julieQ said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! A little shopping and a little looking does wonders for the spirit, doesn't it?

~Bren~ said...

Your trip sounds so fun. I am a tad surprised (along with your hubby) that you did not buy more, but you sure came home with inspiration! I love the quilts in that booth too!