July 10, 2008

Oh No!!!!!!


I walked out my back door today to check on my flowers. I was met with this sight. We believe a raccoon decided to have some fun last night. Well, the raccoon may have had fun, but I sure didn't! There are holes ripped in each screen panel all around my gazebo, a.k.a. Summer Palace. A week ago this same animal tore two small holes in the screening. I decided not to patch them because that way maybe the animal wouldn't make more holes, he could just use the ones he already made. Well, guess two were enough. Every time I look at it I just get upset.

We were going to retire this palace at the end of the season anyway so I guess I shouldn't be that upset, but the season is far from over. The screen mainly kept the cotton wood that flies through the air and the big bugs out. I guess I should try to be positive and look at it this way, I have windows now. I may look into getting a live trap so this animal can be relocated somewhere else. It would surely be more happy in a wooded environment instead of a city one. I know I would be happier!




Since I was outside with my camera I thought I would share some photos of my flowers. They are prettier to look at then holes in the Palace screens. I grew some of these flower from seeds.I posted before about that here. The Sweet Peas are the flowers in front. This is the first year that I have planted them. The seed packet said they were mounding flowers and perfect for containers. Well, they are perfect for containers, but they are not mounding. They like to climb. When I saw that the plants were climbing over each other I placed a small trellis in the flower pot. They are now much happier and booming beautifully. Guess you can't believe everything you read?

One more photo of a few more of my flowers. I love them!

7 comments:

PiecefulChaos said...

Your flowers are beautiful! We get critters too - mostly bears that spread the garbage all over the lawn. I love your quilt in the previous post - I have a bunch of Bonnie's quilts that I want to do.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the holes in your palace... that is rough.

Love your pretty flowers! And yep... sweet peas are definitely a climbing vine! I just put some in this year to climb over my arbor in my veggie garden. They are already 5 feet tall :o)

Carin said...

naughty racoons! They are eatting our strawberrys as they get almost ripe.
Your flowers are beautiful!

Libby said...

Pesky little varmints!

Wilma L. said...

Have you thought about getting a GUARD CAT? This is a suggestion! If all else fails..........try a CAT!!! They eat mice too! PA

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not the Summer Palace!!!

Well, if it is any consolation, I've nominated you for a blog award! The details are in today's entry for my blog.

Nancy

julieQ said...

Darn those little critters!! I am sorry for your multiple "entrances" for them that now exist...boo! Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous.