August 7, 2011

Fabric!

My Hubby was out of town for the weekend and what did I do while he was gone?
I washed and ironed fabric that I had purchased in the past! I have some little quilts in mind to start soon and I knew there were some fabrics in my unwashed stack that I wanted to include in them.   I have one more "batch" to do, the light colored fabrics...then I can think about some of those small quilts. Do you prewash your fabric? I know many quilters don't find it necessary.  How about you?

3 comments:

Jan said...

Absolutely, I prewash. I don't like the chemicals that fabric is treated with, or the feel of it. Washing new quilting fabric is one of my life's little pleasures! So fun to take it out of the dryer, and smooth it. Then to try and find a place for it!

Michelle said...

I definitely pre-wash. I have a couple pieces in my laundry room that need washing, as a matter of fact! :)

Janet said...

I always wash fabric before I use it - I don't want any surprises! I also really love folding the newly washed fabric to put it in my stash - so many possibilities, so much potential :0)