My applique wall hanging has a name now! In my previous post I asked for help in naming my little quilt. I had been given a few names and there were two that I really liked. I couldn't choose between the two. Linda suggested the name "Potted Posies" and Wilma suggestd "Love In Bloom". Such problems! I ended up writing down the two names on separate pieces of paper and putting them in a basket. I then drew out a name. And...the winner is..."Potted Posies"! Thanks for such a great name Linda! I may just have to design another piece with the "Love In Bloom" name because I do love it too!
This is the label that I have made for the back of the quilt. I took some left over half square triangles and fabric strips and made the label.
Sunshine just hasn't existed here in my neck of the woods lately, and I have had a hard time getting the color to photograph just right. This second photo is a little closer to the true color. I also had a hard time getting the machine quilting to show up well so I took this second photo at a different angle. I machine quilted this piece on my regular domestic sewing machine. I used 100% wool batting and silk thread. The wool batting gives the applique a trapunto look (stuffed) without the extra steps needed to acheive that look. I used the silk thread because it does a great job of sinking into the fabric and batting and yet also giving it a sheen when the light hits it. It is a fun thread to work with. This little quilt will be going to a LQS (Local Quilt Store) tomorrow to be used as my applique class sample. So, thanks again Linda for the great name, "Potted Posies"! Note: Please excuse any misspelled words - spell check on blogger isn't working - yikes!
Yankee Puzzle Plus! A Bonus Buddy Bonanza!
17 hours ago