September 24, 2007

Fabric


Today I washed and ironed a load of fabric. That is just the beginning of the fabric that is waiting in the laundry basket. I know some quilters hate the thought of washing and then ironing their fabric. I don't mind. I look it as another way to play with my fabric. As I iron away I like to think of what type of quilt it would look best in, what other colors it would look good with, and if it is for a current project or for the stash. I attempt to use from my stash as much as possible. I do buy fabric, but when I can pull at least 75% of the fabric for a project from my stash it makes me happy. The way I figure it, as I use it up I have room to replace it. Monster report: I did quilt on the Monster today!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

hi Marilyn - nice to meet you ! I too love to wash and iron my fabrics. They look so lovely and smell so fresh too. My kids think I am truly sad for sniffing fabric- lol !! I love your "monster" -it is beautiful.

Nicole said...

Ooooh, I have to admit, I never pre-wash my fabrics! My friend Lisa thinks I am crazy, but so far I haven't had any problems.