September 22, 2007

I Confess



I must confess....I couldn't wait. I had to make a block for the Scrappy Lattice quilt. You see, I have started to get together with three of my quilting friends once a month. We are working together on different projects. Three of us, Phyllis, Cindy and myself are working on a block of the month Christmas quilt. Gloria has already made the quilt. She is guiding us, and we are using her quilt as inspiration. We got together last week and pooled our fabrics. From the fabrics we chose the ones we wanted for our first block. We will complete the block at home and take it to our next get together. I will show a picture of it when it is finished. Phyllis,Gloria and myself are making a quilt called Scrappy Lattice. We were at a quilt store in Lafayette, IN and saw a quilt called Scrappy Lattice that we liked. There was a kit for it. Phyllis and Gloria bought the kit. I chose to use some of my stash and make it too. At our get together we started to cut the fabrics and were to finish cutting at home. We agreed to start sewing on it at our next get together. I cut my fabrics and just couldn't wait. I had to make one block! I just had to! The blocks will be set on point. While my friends quilts will be in floral fabrics, mine is in Civil War Reproduction fabrics. No surprise there. Civil War and 30's Reproduction fabrics are my favorite. I hope my friends forgive me for sewing the block! ;-) Maybe they will let me post pictures of their quilts when we finish them.

No comments: