December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas To All!


Merry Christmas to all! For unto us a child is born! May God bless and keep you in His loving care now and throughout the new year!

Our family celebration was held on Saturday night. Of course a good time was had by all. We enjoyed spending time together laughing, exchanging gifts, and eating way too much! I had mentioned that I was going toward a blue theme this year with my Christmas decorating. I thought I would post a photo of my hutch decked out in it's Christmas goodies.

My Mother just happened to give me some blue things that were perfect to add to my decorations. She hand quilted the snowmen potholders that I hung from the door handles that were snowmen and blue. Cute!

I can now show you the gift I was making but couldn't tell who it was for.

This snowman wall hanging was made for my Mother. She loved it, and I had fun making it. The pattern is from Country Lore Designs. It is called Let It Snow #22 Winter. It is a small wall hanging, 8" x 14" so it was quick to make. The hardest part was just picking the fabrics to use. It was fun going through my stash to find the perfect choices. I ran across some "lost" fabrics and enjoyed auditioning one fabric against another. Now to put back into the stash the rejected fabrics and what is left of the yardage not used up!

Another quilt related gift I gave to my Mother was a quilt kit. She is going to be snowbirding for the next couple of months and was planning on doing some quilting. She picked out the pattern and I cut up fabrics from my stash for her quilt. What a great way to use some of my stash! I hope she will allow me to post a photo of her quilt later on down the line. Have fun Mom!

My parents left to return to their home this morning. Hubby and myself are spending a quiet day at home today. We watched a Christmas movie this morning, and have plans to watch another one before the day is up. It is nice to spend a relaxing day together. They seem few and far between!

1 comment:

Zegi said...

The wall-hanging is adorable. I love the white on white you used. Cute!! Merry Christmas :)