December 6, 2007

Snow!


We have had a lot of snow here lately! This photo of a squirrel was actually taken yesterday. The photo is poor because the sun was hiding behind clouds and I took the photo through the window. I tried to lighten it etc. and what I have posted is better then the original one at least. I love to look out my back window and watch the squirrels scamper around and go for the sunflower seeds. The object behind the squirrel with the round opening is a squirrel feeder. I think it was pretty empty so the squirrels had to resort to stealing seeds from the bird feeder.
Today I spent most of the day and evening working on Christmas cards. I made 42 of them! I don't want to post a photo of them tonight as I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise of this year's cards for my family and friends. I will post photos of them in a few days after they have a chance to get to their destinations. I guess tomorrow I will spend a chunk of time addressing them. At least I already have the Christmas postage stamps. I told myself that this year I would have all of my cards made before Thanksgiving - ha! Maybe next year.

5 comments:

Rose said...

A nice picture, Marilyn. That squirrel looks so tiny sitting there. Don't feel too badly about getting your cards done late. Last year I had mine done in record time and then forgot to pick up the postage stamps every single time I went to town clear up until it was too late to even mail them. That puts me waaay ahead of the game this year LOL!!

Libby said...

I think this southern CA girl will never cease being amazed by snow *s* Just think - that little squirrel doesn't have boots or a scarf or mittens . . . he must really be hungry *s*

Wilma L. said...

This comment is from Pa........
"Oh snow, Oh snow, Oh beautiful snow. Oh snow, Oh snow, oh Beautiful snow."
Want to hear the second verse? Nope, I didn't think so!

~Bren~ said...

You are in Indiana, right? We got all that same snow here in Illinois! Your little squirrel is not looking fat enough for this time of year...you better fill that squirrel feeder! We make PB sandwiches for our squirrels.

Niki said...

Hi Marilyn, thanks for visiting me! We are snowed under in Canada that's for sure. Your quilts are beautiful.