January 5, 2008

Another Block Ready


Well, I had a busy but fun day today. I taught a Machine Quilting Class and a BB Bag Class today at a LQS today. I really enjoy teaching. One of my students, Jean, told me that she reads my blog. Hi Jean!

Tonight I fused down another block for my Christmas quilt. The tree is made up of 1 1/2" strips of fabric sewn together. This means I have 5 ready for applique and 6 more to go. Yeah! I'm getting there slowly but surely!

I plan on putting the "Monster" back in the living room again soon. I have to admit I have not missed it hanging around my living room this past month, but I would like to get it out of the frame! If you are a new reader of my blog and are wondering what in the world I am talking about you can read one of my past posts about it here. I put my Christmas decorations away earlier then usual so that I could be ready to bring the "Monster" back out of hiding. Maybe tomorrow?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great block Marilyn, but oh that monster, is just stunning.

~Bren~ said...

LOL Linda was so impressed with that monster, she e-mailed me to make sure I read your blog and had seen it. I can not WAIT for the monster to return to your living room!!!

Anonymous said...

I find it humerous still that it is called a monster! Look out Marilyn! There is a monster in your closet!!!

While Christmas decorations are beautiful, it always feels great to put them away, especially if you are making room for a beautiful monster!

Charlene said...

I can't wait to see this one done, I think it might be my favorite one so far.

Lea said...

Oh, Marilyn, I Lo-o-o-ve your "Monster"!!!!! *LOL*
It's so classic and beautiful.
I also love your Christmas tree. I never seen this kind of pieced tree before and Oh, Boy, It's very CUTE! Love your tree's snowy background fabric too!

Libby said...

What a fun way to make up a tree. Hope you enjoy having the monster back in the living room . . . I know I would *s*

Karen said...

I like the tree made with all the strips. What a great idea.
I am going to have to go back into you blog a bit and find out what the monster is. I am intrigued.