I had some fun with the crumb blocks that I made in October. I wanted to make a mat to place under my sewing machine when I am sewing away from home. The main purpose of this mat would be to help me corral my scissors and other sewing notions (in the front pockets) when sewing away from home. At first I thought about just sewing some squares together. I have a container with leftover squares from previous projects that would have worked great. I didn't want to spend a lot of time on this project, but I wanted to end up with something nice. Then I thought about the crumb blocks that I had made with 30's reproduction fabrics. Yes! That seemed to be the answer! Since my time was short I wanted to speed along the binding process too. I usually hand sew the binding down to the back of the quilt, but this time I decided to try doing it all on the machine. I saved myself a lot of time which made me very happy. I have been wanting to try that technique for a while, I just never seemed to have the right project for it. I like the way it turned out!